Expectations of Activities
• All Activities must be Hands on experience relating to careers in construction
• Set up is on Tuesday, November 6, 2018, between 7:00 am and 3:00 pm unless other arrangement made. Feel free to bring your company or organization banner or signage. All activity volunteers must have appropriate PPE.
• Exhibits must remain for Event Day, Wednesday, November 7 and Thursday, November 8, 2018, with sufficient staffing to carry out the Activity from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm and tear down from 2:15 pm – 4:00 pm on Thursday.
• Activities must conform to OSHA and Industry standard best safety practices. Contact us if you need help understanding how these requirements affect your Activity in the Career Days context.
• Contact us if you need help creating an interactive, interesting, and informative activity for the students.
• Sufficient activity materials must be available for all participants at the Activity. Estimate materials for 1,000 participants.
Staffing for your Activity
• One table and two chairs are recommended at your cost. Please bring equipment, including electrical cords, tape, etc. as needed.
• Register the personnel operating the Activity as Activity Staff — see the Volunteer section of the website for online registration.
• Volunteers, including Activity set-up volunteers, must check in at the registration desk upon arrival to sign the release forms
• Breakfast and lunch will NOT be provided on Event Day so please bring your own with plenty of water
• No paper handouts are to be distributed at the Activity. You may give out logoed items. A business card may be given to educators to obtain additional information.
• We plan for groups of about 35-50 students, but you will see smaller and larger groups
• Each group will participate in the Activity for 45 minutes.
• Total numbers of students you will see depends upon the number attending and the number of Activities registered.
• You will see an average of 15 groups of students for each Activity.
• You must adequately staff the Activity from 8:00 am – 2:00 pm (generally between 1 and 5 people) and provide sufficient materials.